+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Endicia Platinum support

Endicia Platinum support

Can Mailware 2011 successfully export from Endicia Platinum Shipper? I had someone from Core-Tech hook up the ODBC, but it gives errors on the INSERT. The belief was that it might have something to do with Endicia using double quotes vs single? Has anyone figured out a way to get the Export from Endicia Platinum to work successfully?

thanks

In case some other poor soul comes across this problem, I found the answer. A helpful Tier 2 support guy names James at Endicia knew the trick.
    The problem is indeed that Endicia Platinum is sending the Post Back Insert string back with double quotes, but you can override those quotes.
    Endicia Platinum has a .ini file located in the directory:
    Win XP: C:\Documents and Settings\All Users\Application Data\Endicia
    Win 7: C:\Program Data\Endicia\PlatinumShipper.ini

Open the INI file and after the reference of [PostBack], add these lines:

[PostBackOverride]
    Field1Prefix=
    Field1Suffix=
    Field2Prefix='
    Field2Suffix='
    Field3Prefix='
    Field3Suffix='
    Field4Prefix='
    Field4Suffix='

Repeat based upon how many fields you have in the INSERT statement. Also, if any of the fields being posted back are numerical (non-strings), remove the quote. For instance, in my example, field 1 is the OrderNo and it must be an integer so no quotes.

Once you change the .ini file, Endicia must be restarted then it should work!

Administrator

Thank you for posting that solution. We will add it to the Mailware Knowledge Base as well as the Help files.

+ Reply to Thread